|Return to EWHP Home
To promote and encourage research, writing and publication in all matters touching upon the history of women in the Episcopal Church; To promote and encourage the collection and preservation of records and other artifacts of interest pertaining to such history; To foster and promote public knowledge of interest in such history.
To this end the Episcopal Women's History Project
- Records and Transcribes oral histories of noteworthy Episcopal women who have made a difference.
- Encourages research and publication of the lives and works of Episcopal women, past and present.
- Honors Episcopal women living or dead through the annual "All Saints" appeal.
- Raises the consciousness of the Episcopal Church and others about the historic place of women in the Church.
- Encourages the "Save a Life" project of raising up women who have been significant in local parishes.
- Researches the roles of women in the world mission of the Episcopal Church.
- Provides speakers and workshop leaders to help Diocesan or Provincial groups revisit histories of Episcopal women.
- Discovers and Inventories sources and publications for use by researchers.